Thursday 15 March 2012

The Will of Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana

Ik Onkar 
Oh Kabir, there is nothing of mine in this life
Whatever is there, is yours
If I surrender what is yours, unto Thee
What do I lose or pay? 

(Bhagat Kabir, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

Accepting the Omnipresence of Akal Purakh (God Almighty), I hereby swear on oath that after my death, all the parts of my body, which can benefit any person, are pledged to the highest temporal authority of the Sikhs, Sri Akal Takht Sahib.


It is my earnest wish that after my death, my eyes may kindly be given to Hazuri Ragi of Sri Darbar Sahib Harmandar Sahib, Bhai Lakhwinder Singh, who is blind, so that through him, my eyes continue to revere holy Darbar Sahib. For medical or other reasons, in case this is not possible, then my eyes may be given to any other needy person. 

In addition to this any other part of my body (heart, kidney or any other) which can be beneficial to any other person, may be given to that person. 

I am writing this Will without any coercion or compulsion and out of my own convictions and commitment and with the approval of the members of my family. 

I am happily making this Will in the presence of my sister Kamaldeep Kaur, my brother in law Baljit Singh, my nephew Ajaydeep Singh, my niece Harnoor Kaur, Superintendent of the Model Jail Chandigarh, Navjot Pal Singh Randhawa ji, Medical office, B. K. Salwan and other jail authorities.

Signed

Balwant Singh Rajoana

Countersigned by

Kamaldeep Kaur
Baljit Singh
Ajaydeep Singh
Navjot Pal Singh Randhawa
Deputy Superintendent of Jails 

17 June 2008